Thanks to their versatility, shrink sleeves are in high demand.
Here are just a few of the advantages you can expect:
- 360-degree advertising area
- Tamper protection (sleeve can cover neck only and can have micro perforations for easy removability)
- Applications for a wide variety of products
Packaging and Protection
Shrink sleeves are a valuable tool for packaging and protecting pharmaceuticals, chemicals, foods and beverages, cosmetics, electronics, and more.
Today, you’ll see shrink sleeve products most often in the food industry, where they are applied for decoration or to fully dress and protect a bottle.
For pharmaceutical products, sports or soft drinks, and even in the chemical industry, the shrink sleeve seal guarantees and assures the end user that they are buying a product that has not been tampered with. Without the full shrink sleeve (or some type of tamper-evident technology), a product is vulnerable to tampering. This opens the innocent manufacturer or packager to legal risk. More importantly, this exposes the consumer to potentially serious health risks.
For years, holograms have been protecting products, such as documents, credit cards, or currency, such as the Euro. Combining holograms with shrink sleeves is a new, unique solution that can be used for all kinds of products that need added security.
You may want to add even more technologies to harden your security solution. Here are a few possibilities:
- Hologram strip on the inner side of the shrink sleeve
- Decorative hologram as part of the label design
- Micro perforations in the shrink sleeve
- Variable images/text imprinted on shrink sleeves with a digital printer
- Using UV inks
Contact us to discuss these and other applications of shrink sleeves.